Sunday, May 29, 2022

In the words of Chester Bennington


When you miss someone, you look for ways to remember and feel close to them.  While I didn't see my son all the time when he lived an hour away, I miss him terribly.  I've been listening to lots of his music while I sit in his old room.

My cowboy who moved out West to where the sky is so vast.  I know he is listening to good music, soaking up nature, sipping good bourbon and saving lives. I am so proud of him, and I am not the only one.

Lincon Park hits me in all the feels... some things that Chester sings make me think of my son!  Here's to my cowboy.  



Weep not for paths left lone

Fall wide awake

This is not the end this is not the beginning

All the world in front of you, with eyes wide awake

YOU ARE brilliance

It's hard to let you go

All I want to do is trade my life for something new

I will keep you in my memory, leaving out all the rest

In the kitchen one more chair (for you, always)

If your armor breaks (I'll help you fuse it back together) 

Just cuz you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there

Sitting in an empty room

Let that mistake pass on

Pretending I don't feel misplaced it's so much simpler than change

I hope you find something you've wanted all along, somewhere to belong






The sun will set for you (I hope it is many moons from now!)


No comments:

Post a Comment