Saturday, January 30, 2016

Thrive

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.  I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound.  In any and every circumstances, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.  Phillippians 4:11-13



I love this verse!  The apostle Paul wrote it from prison.  PRISON!  This attitude that he has I strive and yearn to have myself!  While I would be crying and dismayed with the circumstances, Paul was at peace.  He didn't know what the future held for him.  His conditions were not looking so great, yet he was contented with his eyes and heart focused on things unseen. 

It has kind of grown to be an inside thing or sign between God and I...winter leaves still holding on to their trees' naked limbs.  I feel like the brown crumbling remints of sunnier seasons.  Weathering the winds, rains and cold, and hanging on. 

I was thinking of this today as I ventured to the back yard to find a single crumpled brown leave that was still hanging.  I had to wander awhile and I found this!  It's January... It's green... it's growing. It's thriving. Hang on I am reassured, just hang on so that you too can thrive.  You and your family will be blessed. 

Paul's attitude is my prayer.  If I wait for all the conditions and aspects of my life to meet my desired expectation I might just miss out on all the good things that are right in front of me.  To be contented in all circumstances, to thrive in all seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment