Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy 7 Years of Marriage!

Happy Anniversary to my husband!

Seven years ago tonight we had our rehearsal in the middle of an almost tornado. Read about it here.



Mr. and Mrs. Payne!

Can you believe this was only seven years ago?

An hour before the wedding Papsy (my father in law with the pink hair), my sister Kelly, her husband Eric and Paul and I went to have a drink at the "Swing at Nigs,"

My family and I

The minister kept laughing the entire time. I think it had something to do with the pink haired son and dad of the groom. We had always known that Adam was going to walk me down the isle with pink hair (along with Gavin), but Papsy wanted to show him he could have pink hair too. He knew I was nervous and thought it would take the pressure off me. I remember looking over and seeing Papsy with pink hair. I wish I had a picture of my face that that exact moment. All I could think about was my mother in law coming to our room an hour before the wedding in a panic looking for black socks because Papsy forgot to pack his black socks...and here he was with pink hair. Serious, do black socks look better with pink hair than white socks?

Me and my sisters

Gavin gave us all the thumbs up when I walked to Paul. He also asked if we were married now as soon as we kissed, as he had to pee, and he then proceeded to the bathroom in a big hurry.

Cutting of the cake. We were nice!

My poor niece Katie was in distress that there would not be enough wedding cake for all of us. It was just a little cake.

Paul made a toast. "Here's to the first day of forever!" Here, here, and clink!

Here we all are, seven years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment