Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Death of a Previous Life...

Today marks the 12 year anniversary of the death of my previous life. While at this moment 12 years ago I was flying home to my parents for comfort. For a long time I tried to suppress the memory of it, but now I embrace it. One door closed sent me on a remarkable journey to finding myself. One door closed surprisingly changed my life for the better. My only regret was that I wasted a lot of valuable time standing by that closed door; banging, whaling and begging for even the light to come back on. When I finally stood up, brushed myself off and set off into the unknown without looking back I did find joy again.

Here are some important things that I learned …



You are the keeper of your own happiness.

Ask for help when you need it.

While it would be wonderful for things to resolve themselves overnight…there is something to be said for the experience.

Don’t look back!

Sex is no replacement for love.

Keep your dignity. Begging and graveling are very unappealing.

Do what you like!

Dwelling on what you don’t have robs you from enjoying what you do have.

God’s timing is perfect.

God answers every pray, even if the answer was no.

Treat yourself now and again?

Karma finds us all so don’t waste time on revenge.

Forgiveness is not a weakness.

You don’t always have control over the cards life deals you, but you do get to choose how to play them.

Time and truth go hand in hand.

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!

Be mindful of the secrets you share with others.

Find an outlet you can be passionate about!

Overwhelmed…take it one day at a time. If even that seems too much break it down, sometimes breathing is all you need to do.

Surround yourself with happy and positive people.

There is good in the worst of us, and bad in the best of us.

Sometimes avoidance is necessary.

There is someone for everyone.

Setting for status-quo does not reap awesome results.

Love is everywhere…even if it is not in the form that you desired or expected it to be in …it still is there!


Here is a great song that always makes me think of the life lessons I learned from a single closed door.
Sara Groves - Painting Pictures of Egypt


Be brave my friends who can identify...this will pass and you will be happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment