Thursday, May 28, 2015

#2 of 1,000 Blessings Inspiring Words

Today I am seeking comfort. I am searching for encouragement. On our recent trip to Maine I found this cute little note book to write down things. Things like funny sayings my kids come up with, savory tidbits of advice, bible verses I want to live, words that strike a chord with my soul.


Here are a few I have collected:

“but, anger makes us all stupid.” Heidi

“I love you six million!” Mamoo

“that there are no random acts. That we are all connected, that you can no more separate one life from another, than you can separate the breeze from the wind.” The Five People you Meet in Heaven – Mitch Albom

But above all, I wish you happiness, even though I am aware you require my absence to find it.

Restless of the journey, confident in the destination.

Life is a gift even if it doesn’t come wrapped in a bow.

Turn that pain into power. – The Script

If you tell the truth it becomes part of your past. If you tell a lie it becomes part of your future.

Glasses are like shoes for your face. Macey age 9

The breaking of so great a thing should make a great crack. Shakespeare

Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be. Somewhere on Pinterest

“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14

I love God as much as the person I love the least. – Dorthy Day

A setback is a setup for a comeback.

“There is a crack in everything and that’s how the light gets in.” – Leonard Cohen

Wherever you are, be all there!

Every sin is an attempt to fly from emptiness – Simon Weil Gravity & Grace

Nothing can bring you happiness except yourself. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

And the one that found me today when I needed it…

“Every child is a message that everything is possible again; your past, your story, this world, it all has another chance.” Ann Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment