Saturday, May 30, 2015

#4 of 1,000 Blessings an Oasis

Everyone needs an oasis...a sweet spot to get away from the world.  My ideal  oasis would be lined with ocean on one side and palm trees on the other, however that is not something a Midwest girl is going to find close by.  Hubby bought me these chairs after a trip we had in Maine...we shared drinks from a local bar, sea side in chairs like these.  That memory alone is part of their therapeutic charm.

Today my oasis was a bike ride with Macey.  She chattered much of the time...and I had to keep slowing my pace so we could stay together...but it was heaven to be out in the quiet country and feel the wind in my face.

I'm trying to get better at sneaking away from the demands of my world, even if only for a very short time, to stop... to notice... to feel the warm sun on my face, take a walk and notice the people around me, to sit and be still, to grab my camera and view the world behind the lens, to listen to the rain fall from our front porch, to just be...

Finding blessings makes you stop to notice the small joys that show up along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment