Friday, March 18, 2016

eHarmony...first glances

Probably about this same time THIRTEEN years ago I sent this picture to my now husband on eHarmony.  It was almost his 38th birthday...and I was soon to push 30.  I know somewhere in my diaries and journals there is a print out of him at Mix FM as Chris Knight.  He was sporting an orange button down short sleeve dress shirt... and new haircut, minus the mullet.... I think?  Yes, pretty sure.

And as I look at this... I just got my hair did tonight and ...  it is the same color now as then. 

So, here is my eHarmony confession. I had a profile set up.  My girlfriends and I at work would ogle over my matches on the free weekends...but as a single mom, I just didn't have the money to spend the $100 for a three months subscription. 

At Christmas my ex husband and his brand sparking new 2nd wife, gave me $100.  Now I know it was a nice gesture?  I think that is what they meant for it to be.  But seriously when you ex divorces you and he and his new wife gift you $100 dollars... I mean what do you do with that?  Money couldn't buy what I desired...or could it?  This exact conversation took place at my office, to which my beautiful girlfriends all suggested that I bite the bullet and just use it to subscribe to this dating website that they knew I was a part of.  "And wouldn't that be a good story to tell!"...we all laughed!  "If I really did meet my husband?" and ....

I did... the rest is history. 

Here you go Frog, a picture of your Indy girl and her boy who couldn't eat with his front teeth and whom we had to teach how to fall down!  Great memories in this yellow duplex.  Painting, Mozza pizza. expensive bottles of wine, a squeaky bed, 90 miles, Sunday Mornings, Thomas the tank engine, the gold fish, Enigma, Sade, falling down laughing in my closet, "your body is a wonder land", your washer and dryer, walks in the rain!!! 

nostalgia
faith in a true companion
dreams in the making

it all happened behind that green door and on this exact door step


Side note...I thought these jeans were sexy!  And Love the Barney Bike!


No comments:

Post a Comment