Saturday, November 21, 2009

In memory of Scott







I am blessed to have crossed the path with Doreena Javins. I know she will laugh when she reads this...but despite the adversity she has faced, she is one of the most positive upbeat individuals that I know. What I have learned from Doreena is that once you are a mom...you are ALWAYS a mom. Nothing, not even death can separate you from this love.

Her son Scott Javins went missing. They searched for him for years, and only recently had they recovered Scott and his car from the Wabash river a couple of years ago.

Tonight was their 6th annual memorial for victims of crime and missing peoples. It was a sur-real experience. And I left there...wanting to come home and hug each of my kids and kiss my husband. Everyday is truly a gift. And finding friends like Doreena is a true blessings.
Doreena and her husband Merv are some of the greatest people that I know! I think by this single fact alone...they bring so much hope to others who are around them.

To Scott....even though I never ment him in my life, I feel as if I knew him well. That alone, should count for something, because that is exactly why Dorrena and Merv do the things that they do to keep his memeory alive!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment