Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Phobias

Most of us have one…what is yours? My husband makes fun of my phobia, as if it were way out there in left field, but I have to tell you what his is first. Here is a picture of what he is afraid of.

Yeah, that is right spoons. He has this thing about eating from a spoon. He does not like spoons to touch his food in anyway. He hates restaurants that put spoons in your unsweet tea . He tends to favor the restaurants that don’t even place spoons on the table unless you order something that requires them. And yes, there are restaurants that do this. Bet you haven’t even noticed this before! He even eats ice-cream with a fork. Which I have to say after sharing some very frozen chocolate brown chunk ice-cream I actually found it easier to eat…and thought he might be on to something.

The photos above show a gift from my sister Katie to my husband Paul on his 40th birthday. They (she and my family) took spoons from various establishments and recorded the amount of the dinner, or trip to get the spoon. She collected 40 of them and then displayed them nicely. They hung in our kitchen for years, but then they started falling off. Paul re-gifted them in our dirty Santa gift to our family. Unfortunately Katie got the spoons back, and I know her mind is already plotting and scheming for another way to showcase these lovely spoons. Paul and I just washed them all (as they did not wash them before hanging) and put them in a nice utensil organizer. Who can’t use a few extra spoons, besides my husband?

As for my phobia…there is no photo (you can thank me now). I don’t photograph the things I hate…and what I hate the most in this life, well…actually there are two things I hate the most and I don’t know which I would rather do. I hate throwing up…and I hate flying. And flying makes me throw up, or feel as if I am going to. So ok…the fear of flying is totally irrational, but please tell me who does not mind being sick? I use to take this to an entire other level and hated throw up in general, and I still do, but something about having kids made me have to step up to the plate, take one for the team, and suck it up. You can’t be a mom and not deal with a little or a lot of throw up now and again. It is just something that comes with the territory.

So tell me is my phobia of vomit really that out there?

Hum, spoons or barf…you tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment