Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Resolutions…

Before you run out and confirm your New Years Resolutions, consider this...

Recently I read a book by Lisa Scottoline titled “Why my Third Husband will be a Dog.” One chapter she devoted to New Year’s Resolutions and suggested that instead of making New Resolutions that you won’t keep, make a list of all the things that you are doing right and make a vow to continue doing them.

Here is my list of things I wish to continue…

Record the journey, and continue to archive our road map as a family. My children may not know where they are going, but they will know where they have come from. Be it notes, letters, old calendars filled with daily journals of what we did that day, baby books, a million photographs, ticket stubs, and of course my blog. Someday I will be gone, but the images I capture, and the notes I write will be left behind. I imagine them being treasured for generations to come, or rediscovered someday by my great, great grandchildren. What a gift!

I will not stop kissing and hugging my children goodnight and goodbye! Gavin still asks me to come and tuck him in, and is always handing out hugs and kisses. I am determined to hang on to this. I have never been a touchy feely person. It is only a small circle of people whom I will share my space with and I want to continue this with them.

I will continue to pamper myself with simple luxuries. By this I mean, I will do the necessary maintenance to make myself feel good. I will continue to splurge and spend the $$$ every six weeks to color my hair and wax my eyebrows! I will occasional not buy the needless toy my kids want and instead buy something for myself. Be it another pair of sexy high heels, or a new dress. If I don’t do this for myself, then who will? And I will not feel guilty about this!

I will keep reading… my new found love! I use to feel that reading was a waste of time. If I was going to read…I had to read something that would be useful to my growth as an individual, or read something only to gain knowledge about a subject. Now I will read anything. I am upset that I have missed out on so many wonderful books for decades. Every book I read gives me a new perspective, builds my vocabulary, and teaches me about people, places and things…what a true gift. Read on…..

I will continue to study photography, take photos and learn as much as I can about my camera and this craft.

I will stay married My third husband will not have the option to be a dog! I enjoy being married to Paul and I am proud of the life we have built together.

I challenge you to think of a few things you are doing right and want to continue in the coming year! I hope what you find within yourself will be as enlightening as it was for me. So…really what will you continue to do this year? Post it on here…share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment