Friday, March 19, 2010

Flash Back Friday - 2nd Date



July 2003 - What I wrote in my journal about our 2nd date....

At the last second I invited Paul to Indy. He brought the rain, and I made him dinner. I decided if he could handle my cooking, and a house filled with kid toys and superhero's, then maybe he could handle anything I threw his way.

The night was so much more relaxed. It's great learning him. He seemed at ease and wanted to know so much about me. And lots of hugs were exchanged. He hugs good!

Paul talked about his kids, and the day they were born. It was sweet. You can tell he is in love with them!

After dinner we sat outside and watched the rain fall. We both love the rain. About 10 p.m. Paul got his umbrella out of his car, and we took a walk through New Pal. I so enjoyed his company. I remember walking on the bridge over the railroad tracks, watching the fireflies, and making a new friend. It was a content moment.

All the walks I had taken in the rain in honor of Paul, to be close to him. Finally, I had the real deal.

We laughed so hard, especially over a conversation about batteries. He left at midnight.

I am on such a high!


photo taken in Bridgeton...must have been before Macey, as look at that flat tummy! I wouldn't trade her for the world, or even that flat tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment