Saturday, March 27, 2010

An OCD moment...

Last night my sister and I found out we share a common disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder. We laughed about curing irons, stoves, space heaters, and garage doors.

I confessed to her that in the past I have gone back home from work to make sure I turned off the iron. I've called security at the bank to make sure I turned off my heater after hours. When I get up in the middle of the night I will make sure that every single door is locked, .... one more time.

My good friend is celebrating her daughter's birthday tomorrow. She is using my bank's conference center for the event. As I am the keeper the the Conference Center keys...I told my friend I would be happy to get the keys for her.

On Friday morning I was awoken by a nightmare. I dreamed that I forgot the keys in my desk. All the guest were arriving for the party, and there wasn't any way for us to get in. Needless to say when I got to work on Friday morning, I put the keys in my bag, and yes...I probably checked on them eight times during the day. As if the keys were going to grow legs and just walk out of my purse.

So today I can add a new OCD action to my list. Buying toilet paper in bulk. Yep... I went to Wal-mart and bought the 18 double roll pack, only to come home and find that I must have already done this last week. I can't even close the door to my linen closet.


P.S. Anyone need a roll of toilet paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment