Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hung-over or Heartbroken


Yesterday ended badly. Then the day was done, and so was the damage. I wanted to sleep and could not. I moved from bed to bed, then to the sofa trying to get comfortable. I try to watch a movie. I sipped some wine, drank some tea, and ate an ice-cream sandwich. I read for awhile, but after reading the same page three times I gave up. I surfed the net. I went and sat outside for awhile with the dog.

I sat in the darkness waiting for sleep to come. I turned away from the clock that seemed to be shouting the time and told myself not to look, and wished for my brain to stop replaying words and events in my head. Sometime after 4am I feel asleep.

My husband on the other hand indulged himself in good beer, and some of my wine and was feeling no pain (Payne). For this I found myself jealous that he was out cold, and all I could do was listen to him snore. This only made the red on my alarm clock seem brighter.

So there we were, one hung over and the other heartbroken when the alarm went off at 5:30 am. We both talked about calling in. How delicious an idea to spend the day in bed together (since we are without kids) and maybe help each other feel a little better from our personal woes.

However, being the responsible adults we are, we crawled our wrecked bodies out of bed and took ourselves to work.

As for my sorrow I am crossing my fingers that things will work out, but sometimes nothing that you do is the right thing. I could always take Paul’s approach and indulge in some adult beverages, but then tomorrow I would wake up with both a hangover and a heartache. But if I had to pick one, I would choose a hangover over a heartache any day! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment