Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Three Graduations (next year)

Tonight was the School Program, and graduation. Can you spot Gavin and Macey in each of these pics? My only hint is that they are both on the front row.


Poor Gavin wore a pair of jeans that were too big for him, and kept pulling them up all night long. The song "Pants on the ground" comes to mind.

Paul and I listened to the "Pomp and Circumstance" march, and I felt a lump growing in my throat already. Next year it will be Taylor who will graduate from high school, Gaivn who will graduate to middle school, and Macey who will graduate to 1st grade. I know that right now my life is just a blur of days that have blended together since I brought Gavin home from the hospital.

But this year as they all seem to be growing up, and there are no diapers to change, bottles to feed, and only sippy cups that hang on to the tender few first years. I feel as if I can finally stop and enjoy my children and each of their accomplishments. I wish I could just freeze time and stay right where we are now. So as Macey holds her certificate that shows she passed pre-school, I take a picture in attempt to freeze this fleeting time.

As much as I am eager to see who they will each become, and where life will take each of them. Right now I just want to hold on to today and make it last as long as it can.

No comments:

Post a Comment