Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Friend"

This weekend I took Macey to Chick-Fil-A to cool off with a milkshake and play on the slide. She made a little friend and they played for over an hour. They had the best time! As we said goodbye, Macey told the little girl where she lived, and invited her to come and play. The little girl still could not remember Macey’s name and as we left the little girl called out goodbye Friend. As she said that…I felt a pang in my heart for an old friend of my own whom I use to address as Friend. She called me friend too…and I can still hear her voice on the other end of the phone calling and saying “Hey Friend.”

Today is that Friends Birthday. Whether or not she ever sees this…I hope she is having a great birthday with her family and hopefully friends who call her just that, friend.

And with nostalgia I post this picture in remembrance of an inside joke that no one else ever got, and to tell the truth I don’t know why we ever thought the cows on the hill were so darn funny! Guess you just had to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment