Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The First Day of School

What a day! My kids had a blast! They have no idea how lucky they are to live in a country where they get to learn...to better themselves. Along with lunch, recess and friends.

Gavin had a Stellar Day! I don't know that I have ever heard him this excited EVER! He loved all of it! He loved riding the bus! He loved his teacher! He knew some of the kids! (so maybe I did something right when I had him join cub scouts in the school I knew he would eventually go).

But it was hard! It was harder to see the bus pick up Gavin for the first time. I know he is in the 5th grade..and that he is 10. But Macey and I watched...and I got so emotional that I couldn't even snap a quick shot. I shouted to him good luck! Then ducked inside to find a tissue and gather myself!

Then I took Macey to school and while we were waiting for them to open the doors she freaked out because someone else had on the same outfit as she did! I think if the Diva had her way she would have demanded me to drive her home so she could change her outfit. I told her...that the other girl didn't have the cool leggings...nor the cool shoes she did!







No comments:

Post a Comment