Sunday, February 20, 2011

Me and my free time...

This is me and my shadow. Cool eh? Fun to mess around with photo software and see what you can do. That is what I found myself doing today for an hour while the kids were at my mother-in-laws and Paul watched the race. (Great win by the way!)

I wonder if you other moms do this. When you finally get some free time you don't know what to do with yourself? While when you are with your kids you would do anything for a break. Am I the only one? It is a strange feeling! No wonder some mom's talk of empty nest syndrome. Just the brief periods of time I get without them are bitter sweet because I am always worried or wondering what they are doing. I bet this never stops! No one tells you of this before you become a mom! If it were not for the worry that accompanied being a mom I would have a dozen more! Especially after I got to hold, and love on my nephew who is only four months yesterday. It looks so easy. And it is easy to fall in love with a little being...just hard work with not much sleep, and I am not signing up for that again unless it just happens. And if it happens remind me of this...because I will be upset!
This is why my sisters should have babies so I can love them, watch them, get my baby fix and send them home with extremely loud and big toys! All in time...someday I will be a grandma, even if it is by marriage. Just means I am getting older. And as much as I love an afternoon alone, or sleeping in past 6 am, nothing...NOTHING has ever beat the sweet love of a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment