Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Things are not always what they seem…



The other night when I returned home from a day in Indy I found a pile of my socks in the middle of the hallway. The next morning, I noticed that a single sock of mine was at the end of the hallway in the living room. I cursed under my breath at my husband who must have flung them down the hall in anger. See he has this thing about my socks at the end of the bed.

At night I am cold, so I pile on the layers of clothes along with a good pair of socks. In the middle of the night when I get too hot I kick them off and abandon them there. The end of the bed can be littered with an array of socks, until I run out and think about collecting them again.

I was so angered about this. I wasn’t even there and he was mad about my socks? Worse yet, he has been sick with something terrible so I haven’t even enjoyed the luxury of sleeping in the bed because I don’t want to catch what he has.

So last night he comes down the hall and starts in with the story about how he was laying in bed…and I started to bite my tongue. I was telling myself…”they are just socks, just socks, this is not a big deal, stay calm, just socks...etc” I was sure his comment about my socks was going to provoke me and here we would be having another one of these fights about of all things…socks (click here)!

However, he never mentioned the socks at all. He went on to tell me about how the rail on the bed frame buckled, just when he was going to sleep. This has happened to us a handful of times this year. Let me tell you…it is a major hassle! You will just be laying there and the entire side of the bed falls over. You would like to try and ignore it, but it is an impossible feat. Our bed is just too high to ignore the sudden drop. Then you have to get up, turn on all the lights and dismantle the bed of all its contents, including my socks. I was pleased to hear that my quirk had not frustrated him, but was the weakening of our bed frame that resulted in the broadcast of my socks down the hall. Maybe the weight of all those socks is just too much.

Either way I am sure glad that I kept my mouth shut. Just goes to prove things are not always what they seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment