Thursday, May 3, 2012

Nearly 40

Here I am on the verge of my 39th birthday. I’ve always had this little game that I have played inside my head. If you could double your age and still be young then you weren’t old. So when I was nine, I would think to myself “in nine more years I will be 18. Eighteen’s not old, and I will most likely still be around when I am 18.” When I got to my thirties, it was a daunting thought to think about sixty. Now if I play the game, to live another 39 years I will be 78 years old. I’ve often wonder where the half way point of my life is. Is it still on the horizon, or did I pass it years ago? And even if I did know, why would knowing it make my life any better? I’ve never heard of anyone else doing this, and I have no idea where I got it…do any of you think this about your age?

No comments:

Post a Comment