Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Flu

This weekend Paul and I had planned a trip to Makers Mark to tap into his Bourbon barrel, but the flu had other plans for our Myrt. We had planned to stay over night at a hotel with a water park for her...needless to say everyone was disappointed.
While I hate it when my kids are sick, I wish they NEVER were! There is a flip side to the sickness. There is something to be said about the nurturing that occurs at these times. We spent the day doing puzzles, watching movies and reading her favorite book (Because of Winn Dixie) to each other. While during the night we all snuggled on the sofa together to keep our shivering Macey warm. She was delirious with fever...and would randomly tell us off the wall things in which we would all laugh.
I kind of feel like I could do one of those Visa Card commercials...
Tissues with lotion $4.95
Gatorade $6.98
Vick's Vapor Rub $6.99
Popsicles $3.75
Children's Motrin $7.99
Children's Advin $6.99
One Direction Puzzle $5.00
Movie Rental $2.99
Halls Cough Drops $4.29
Zicam $11.95
Love, health and smiles...priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment