Saturday, April 10, 2010

Flash Back Friday 5th Date



I called to reserve two tickets to see Bruce Almighty at Hollywood Bar and Film works (which unfortunately is no longer even there anymore). I decided to put the tickets under Paul's last name because then my last name was Brown...and there was always a Brown in the crowd. So when they asked for a first name I just gave them mine. When I hung up the phone I realized what I had done. I had just put the tickets under Kary Payne. Here we are going on only our fifth date and I already had him married off and was using his last name.

I really didn't know what I was going to tell him when he got to Indy. I tired to give him some other date options...but he was good with going downtown to see a movie. I really didn't want him to think I was some psycho. I finally got it out when we were walking around the circle. He just laughed. I think he will forever joke with me about this (really...I think he forgot, but I never have).

We missed the rain while we were watching the movie. Guess we will have to save the walk in the rain for another date.

A funny dating tid-bit. I had signed up for eharmony months before I joined. Being a single mom...I really couldn't justify spending money just for the chance to meet someone. At Christmas that year my ex-husband and his new wife gave me $100 just to be nice. So at work while talking about this with my girlfriends we all decided that the $100 should be invested in meeting someone. We all laughed about the irony of if I actually did find my next husband this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment