Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Dreams for Gavin

I came upon Gavin's baby book. When I saw it I recalled that the back page was titled "My dreams for you..." I wondered when I started reading it if what I wrote some eleven years ago would be different from what I feel and think right now. After reading it I was touched and amazed at how very right on I had it from the start. I wouldn't change a single thing. It is still my dream not only for him but for all my kids. Here is what I wrote:

To know, love and follow God, the creator of your life.

To feel loved and safe each night you close your eyes.

That you will know the difference between wrong and right, and that you will not allow others to justify or compromise your actions.

That you will have a strong sense of who you are, and who you are capable of being with God's help.

That you are not afraid to try, and learn from yours and others mistakes.

Cherish the little things.

Say please and thank you a lot!

Know that even mommies make mistakes and forgive them and others.

Don't be afraid to love, and keep your promises. You are only as good as your word.

Follow your dreams. Remember you can't please everyone.

Have no regrets.

Be honest even if the truth hurts.

Remember me and where you came from.

Know that wherever life's journey takes you that my arms are always open, my ears will always listen and my heart will always love you!

Oh, and hot cinnamon rolls always made me feel better at the end of a terrible day!

xoxox Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment