Monday, August 22, 2011

What my Kids Say Vs. What my Kids Really Mean...

When Gavin says, "I can't find my favorite shirt. I've been looking all over for it!"

He means, "Will you look for my shirt cuz, I just don't feel like it right now!"
Usually it is sitting in the middle of the floor with all his other clothes.



When Macey calls out in the middle of the night, "Mommy I have fears!"

What she means is, turn my night light on, and come lay down with me until I fall back asleep.



"Gavin," I ask, "How many (you fill in the blanks....pickles, cookies, zebra cakes) did you eat today?" "Just one or so." He will reply.

To Which I will find an empty container, or just one left.



When Macey exclaims in the middle of the night, "My tummy hurts!"

What it means is that she is going to throw up right now, if she has not already done so while speaking the sentence.



When Macey is silent with sad eyes...
It means guilty!



When Gavin says, "I need you to sign something for me."

It means, my teacher wants you to know that I did or didn't do something today.


When it is bedtime and one of them suddenly remembers that they need to go to the store, followed by an amount of classmates...

You can count on the fact that you have snack duty the next day.




"Your the BESTEST mommy in the whole wide world. I love you so much."
It means one of the following:

Can I have it?
Will you let me?
Can I keep it?
Will you buy me?


When they ask, "Did I eat good?"

They really are asking "Did I eat enough for dessert?"



When Gavin says, "No mom. I don't need you to drive me to school anymore."

He really means, I am getting too old for my momma right now. But I am not worried...I know he will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment