Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Tooth Fairy

At 6:45am this morning I was woken by a very exclamatory "Mom! My tooth fell out!" Finally after weeks of wiggling she woke up to have it laying on her lip.

As you can see, there is no empty space, the other one is already there.

I was a silly mommy to believe that I could actually get her to climb back into bed with me and fall asleep. That didn't happen. She went on and on about how she was the last one at her table at school to loose a tooth, how funny the empty space felt on her tongue, how she was happy she didn't swallow it in the middle of the night, could we turn the light on so she could go and see how she looked. The best was when she asked me what the tooth fairy did with the teeth. Great question, one for which I didn't have an answer. But my friend Emily did. She said that the fairies release them into the sky each night and they become stars. Of course, now why didn't I think of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment