Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Music

Today I broke out my MP3 player, put it on shuffle and pressed play to let it sing to me. It is amazing that something that you cannot see can make you feel so much, and provoke memories of days past. Each song that came on , made me think of an era, a special day, or a special person.

"When you Wish upon a Star" by Billy Joel and I was back in Disney, with the memory of my princess giggling and exclaiming "I am so happy! I am so happy!"

Next up was "Change of Season" by Hall and Oates and I was thinking of my old college friend who played this song over and over, along with Bob Marley's "Three little birds."

I skipped over to Jackson Browne's "Sky Blue and Black." If you have never heard it before you should listen to it here. *It is voted most hopeful song by my husband and I.

"In the Air Tonight" and I am back in high school driving down the road with an old friend hitting imaginary air drums.

The Counting Crows or Train and I instantly think of Paul and our falling in love and getting to know you days.

When Nora Jones sings to me I think of lullabies I sang to Macey when she was a baby as we walked around the island of our kitchen over and over. No wonder she was crying...as I never sounded like this.

Sixpense None the Richer, "There she goes." Gavin loved this song when he was little and we would play it over and over on my little stereo, singing, laughing,jumping and dancing on my bed.

***Notes***

*Hopeful songs are what Paul and I refer to as sarcastically tragic romantic songs that break your heart, nearly kill you and leave you damaged by love for life.

*Also, there are NO U2 songs on my MP3 player. Even if I do like Lemon and Beautiful Day, I don't miss them at all! I know U2's greatest fan. Bono even wrote a song about him, oddly enough it is probably the one and only song that he doesn't like. Probably because the man still hasn't found what he is looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment