Sunday, July 8, 2012

It's Just Like Riding a Bike

Recently I've been getting reacquainted with one of my first true loves.. my bike. Put me on a bike and I am nine years old again, riding around the streets of Kennebunk Maine where I spent my summers. I use to  ride my Nana's bike with a big basket in the front. I went everywhere, as fast as I could! I went to the library, to visit my great Nana Evans, to the market. I would see my grandpa delivering the mail, and I would wave to him and meet him later at home for lunch. I carried my little camera and took pictures. 

I was free.

I still so much love the feeling on the wind in my face, and with my hair whipping behind me as I peddled as fast as my legs can take me. I love being on my bike. It is so much like an old friend that you haven't seen for a long time, and when you finally see them again it is as if you have never skipped a beat.



No comments:

Post a Comment